We are looking for a Buyer for our Building Products Plywood Operations located in Corrigan. Working under the general supervision of the site Purchasing and Stores Manager, the Buyer manages purchasing activities in a high volume, time-critical environment. Gain experience with Maintenance Repair and Operating (MRO) supplies, direct materials, chemicals, equipment spare parts and services from external vendors.
What You Will Do In Your Role
• Ensures adherence to all safety, environmental and purchasing policies, guidelines and procedures.
Utilizes company’s purchasing system to process purchase orders from requisitions.
• Ensures the contractual document accurately reflects the terms and conditions of purchase, including payment terms, freight terms, incoterms, and other key commercial terms.
• Issues requests for quotations, analyzes and evaluates quotes, negotiates price and terms, and exercises independent judgment to select suppliers based on lowest total cost of ownership.
• Knowledgeable of Company’s strategic supply agreements and utilizes these to maximize value.
• Collaborates with internal requestors to understand requirements (e.g., specifications, scopes of work, performance and timing requirements).
• Demonstrates high level of customer focus and sense of urgency.
• Uses strong verbal and written communication skills to solve problems and provide status updates to customers and suppliers (e.g., commitment dates).
• Analyzes root causes of accounts payable exceptions and takes steps to resolve and prevent.
• Initiates changes to improve the effectiveness of the purchasing process.
• Manages own time to accomplish goals and prioritize a variety of tasks.
• Responsible for administration of contractor management tools, including Ariba and Track.
• Manages contractor time keeping via Track.
Collaborates with Track manager and other Track administrators to identify ways to improve the tool.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years or procurement of supply chain experience
- Experience in purchasing or similar field (e.g. store room, inside sales, accounting, supply chain analyst)
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word (document creation), Excel (spreadsheets), and Outlook (email and calendar)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of purchasing process and procedures and key commercial terms such as freight payables, incoterms and delivery terms
- Experience in negotiating contracts at a local, regional or national level
- Experience working in a manufacturing or maintenance environment
- Advanced Excel knowledge to include pivot tables and data analysis
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and effectively
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf