Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Mt Olive, IL facility. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the EH&S Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to EH&S.
In this role, EH&S Managers ensure systems to effectively address facility EHS risk profiles. The role balances Safety and Environmental with a 70% focus on safety and a 30% focus on environmental aspects and accountability.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership and direction to achieve the EHS vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Developing and aligning facility EHS programs and strategies according to the business/enterprise EHS plan
- Facilitating EHS ownership by the line organization
- Ensuring the EHS vision is developed and integrated in facilities
- CSO (Compliance Standard Owner) Lead for the plant
- Fostering an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EHS
- Ensuring incentive metrics are performance based
- Facilitating EHS ownership by the line organization through integration of the EHS Management System
- Ensuring EHS system elements are integrated into the line organization’s responsibilities and expectations
- Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Increasing critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of at-risk behaviors
- Ensuring an effective change management process is in place
- Partnering with facility leadership to develop short and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors
- Conducting routine management reviews and adjusting plans as necessary
- Utilizing development plans to grow the teams’ EHS skills and knowledge
- Fostering an EHS environment of collaboration and active participation with all employees
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Environmental, or technical field, OR five (5) or more years’ equivalent EHS experience
- Experience with writing and reviewing machine SOP’s, safety permits and other written safety procedures
What Will Put You Ahead
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or demonstrated progress to attain CSP
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience with environmental regulations
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf