Maintenance Supervisor- Emporia, VA
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for our plywood facility in Emporia, Virginia. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading the Maintenance team to work injury-free/incident free in a batch manufacturing environment consistent with MBM® management philosophy and framework. The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure that the department is meeting the objectives that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs, as well as planning, directing and guiding the business goals, plans, and processes for the maintenance department.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Being a safety steward to prioritize employees' health and safety
- Accountability for employee plans and people management strategies
- Exhibiting strong leadership skills to motivate and develop a team of hourly employees to continuously improve performance of the individual employees and overall business
- Demonstrating functional leadership skills to engage a workforce with a diverse background of knowledge & experience
- Fostering and developing culture based on our Market Based Management (MBM®) Philosophy
- Demonstrating strong functional knowledge of maintaining equipment used in the plywood manufacturing process
- Managing daily workforce to scheduled maintenance adherence. (Kronos Time Keeping System)
- Attend daily departmental down day scheduling meetings, assisting the Scheduler with craft identification to work orders
The Experience You Will Bring
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of Maintenance Supervisory experience
- Must have an effective working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and maintenance reporting applications
- Experience in leading improvement efforts in Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance, and Precision Maintenance -
- Able to read mechanical, structural and electrical drawings -
- Effective oral and written communications skills that support collaborative teamwork, and the ability to influence others
- Proven analytical and field troubleshooting skills
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic systems
- Willing and able to work overtime when required, holidays, and on-call time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates Degree in engineering, industrial management or a similar discipline - or- applicable military experience
- Certification as a Maintenance Reliability Professional
- Experience in a Wood Products manufacturing facility
- Experience executing scheduling maintenance activities
- Experience with manufacturing methods and continuous improvement processes
- Experience using MP2
- Knowledge of maintenance best practices and approaches utilized in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a Union manufacturing facility
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing mobile equipment OR supervising and managing jitney mechanics
- Electrical experience
This role may also be eligible for additional benefits, including a sign-on bonus and/or relocation assistance, depending on the individual's situation.
IND-GP-OPS Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf