Computing Operations Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Business Solutions (KBS) is the global problem-solver of business needs for Koch Industries. We serve more than 120,000 Koch employees worldwide and partner with over 11 Koch companies from a diverse number of industries. Since 2003 Koch has invested over $80 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures and are proud to reinvest more than 90% of our earnings back into our companies including a $1.5 billion plan to modernize IT Infrastructure and Core Applications.
KBS has an exciting opportunity for an energetic and team-oriented individual to fill the role of Compute Operations Manager. In this role you will have the opportunity to lead a skilled global team in a fast-paced technology environment, building technical solutions both on-prem and in the cloud that will help achieve Koch strategic business objectives. The key to the success of this position is having a strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great people leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
This role is open to location within the US.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Help develop and lead the Computing Operations strategy and roadmap to ensure it integrates with the overall IT and company strategic plans.
- Leading distributed teams of global IT professionals that supports Koch cloud and on-prem enterprise server environment. Lead day-to-day organizational processes, including incident management, metrics development, problem management, and escalations.
- Promote continuous improvements through innovation, experimentation, and automation initiatives that align to KGS vision.
- Act as a servant leader with Koch shared values and build culture across teams. Selecting, Evaluating, and Developing employee performance and conducting reviews ensuring the team has the right talent to provide valued services now and in the future.
- Establish a value-driven and consistent culture that is metrics value driven, outcome-focused, process-based, service-oriented and focused on continuous improvement.
- Effectively communicating difficult/sensitive information respectfully.
- Build preferred partnerships with the customers that subscribe to our services.
- Leveraging operations excellence, process improvements, automation and implementing processes that offer streamlined services by gaining efficiencies, cost reduction, and higher levels of service.
- Embrace, communicate, and lead organizational transformation through courage and respect. Connect employees to opportunities to create the greatest value.
- Participate in a weekly leadership team on-call escalation rotation every 4-6 weeks. Create a “shared fate” environment within the team by developing a vision and working with the team to create strategies and initiatives that helps KGS achieve that vision.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with the collection and analysis of operational performance metrics
- Experience developing and aligning initiatives to accelerate achievement of strategic business objectives.
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent 4+ years’ IT work experience
- At least 3 years of supervisory/leadership experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior experience in support of diverse global Computing Solutions in a large enterprise environment
- Prior accountability for management of operating costs for a service organization
- Working knowledge of cloud concepts and implementation
- ·Experience implementing security compliance frameworks such as ITAR, SOC, ISO and FDA/GMP in an on-prem and cloud server environment.
- ·Global understanding of software licensing requirements in a virtualized environment within on-prem and cloud service providers
- 3+ years of prior experience in a supervisor or manager capacity for an operationally focused service delivery organization
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.