Team Leader- Process Engineering
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting opportunity for a talented Team Leader- Process Engineering at our Foley Cellulose facility! The Process Engineering Leader will supervise and mentor a team of process engineers and/or process engineering interns. The lead role ensures that the engineers in their group are capable in the tasks they are asked to do and are both fulfilled and developing in their roles. The Process Team works to support multiple projects in all production areas of the plant as needed, from capital project support to ensuring process variability is reduced by performing equipment calibration and other process checks. This position reports to the site Manufacturing Services Leader.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advance our Market Based Management (MBM®) culture and developing team members to successfully advance business priorities
- Build the talent and capabilities of site employees in process engineering, with an understanding that this is the feeder group for mill operations
- Support operations by troubleshooting through-put, reliability, and other performance-hindering issues to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of these systems
- Serve as a resource for engineering with assistance in installing new process systems
- Partnering with corporate teams to implement new technologies that support our manufacturing transformation journey
- Providing small project management leadership and support for projects that are managed locally, through third party vendor support, or in partnership with corporate teams when these projects will improve process performance.
- Supporting of the mill safety program both personally and by example
- Working closely with mill personnel to identify opportunities and solve problems
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Three years or more of Process Engineering experience in a pulp & paper mill
- Experience mentoring, supervising, and developing people to grow and succeed professionally
What Will Put You Ahead
- Engineering Degree in Paper Science or Chemical
- Three years or more of Process Engineering experience
- Experience assisting in paper trials / upgrades
- Experience leading a team of employees
- Experience mentoring and developing engineers and co-ops/interns
- Experience in supporting process systems in a Pulp and Paper facility
- Interest in recruiting efforts
Foley Cellulose LLC is a world-class manufacturing facility where team members use innovative technologies to produce specialty and market fluff pulp for a variety of high-end uses across the globe. GP Cellulose is a leading producer of high-quality dissolving and fluff pulps, meeting the needs of the personal hygiene industry and disposable absorbent products manufacturers around the globe. GP Cellulose is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process. To learn more about GP Cellulose, please watch the video here.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf