Are you customer-focused, a quick learner and detail-oriented? Do you excel at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, we may have a great role for you at Koch-Glitsch!
Koch-Glitsch is currently seeking a Project Planner to work in the area of Industrial Process Columns, Drums and Tanks.This position’s primary duties consist of detailed plan development of assigned work scope, generally involving installation of mass transfer equipment, pressure vessel modifications, and mechanical work including heat exchangers, valves and piping.
Koch-Glitsch is a global leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art mass transfer and mist elimination products for the chemical, petrochemical, refining, gas processing, pharmaceutical and specialty industries.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Perform job site assessments to view the work areas
- Review drawings, customer requirements and specifications to develop work scope activities
- Use knowledge of best work practices and procedures to develop project execution strategy and identify task constraints
- Assess manpower requirements and determine estimated durations for the work activities
- Define “Division of Responsibilities” for project resources (manpower, equipment, support contractors, PPE, consumables, etc.…)
- Interface with Safety Professionals, Industrial Hygiene and Operations Professionals to develop Safety Execution Plans for the work
- Develop and compile Job Packages for field execution team, containing drawings, work scope, safety plans, etc.
- Assess and determine construction equipment needs
- Interface with contractors to verify work plans
- Support customer Turnaround Planner by providing work activities, activity durations and manpower for scheduled development
- The position will require a self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual knowledgeable of equipment, processes and procedures for maintaining and repairing refinery process equipment.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with industrial turnaround/construction work package development to accomplish documentation requirements
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and utilize them to develop scope of work and schedule
- Collaboration and negotiation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, specifically MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- Familiarity with mass transfer equipment, heat exchangers, valves and piping
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements
- Ability to manage time sensitive work with competing priorities, often with tight timelines.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 5+ years or more of related industrial plant experience
- Strong knowledge of Best Practices and Procedures for the Installation of Mass Transfer Equipment, heat exchangers, valves and piping
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project/Primavera planning software
- Working knowledge of Lifting/Rigging procedures
- Candidates must be willing and able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection and Fit-Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Fitness for Duty exams are required.
- The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in petrochemical operational units and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, irritants, and smoke may occur.
- Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the particular project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, provincial, and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
Koch-Glitsch has achieved business success by having employees who act with integrity, focus on compliance excellence, and create real long-term value for our customers and society. These principles are part of MBM®, a unique business and management philosophy that sets Koch-Glitsch apart from other companies in its industry. Koch-Glitsch is seeking individuals who share these values and want to be part of a winning team. For more information about Koch-Glitsch, visit our web site at www.koch-glitsch.com.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a background check.
This role is not eligible for Sponsorship. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, however, advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.