Pulp Mill Asset Manager
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Pulp Mill Asset Manager to join our team in Toledo, Oregon. This position will provide strategic and tactical leadership to achieve key operation objectives in safety, environmental compliance, reliability, production, quality, and cost. The successful candidate will focus on safely improving productivity and reducing costs through process/equipment optimization and operator knowledge/skill improvement. This position will report to the Pulp Area Leader and will focus in the digesting, brown stock washing, evaporating and woodyard management. The Assistant Superintendent will provide leadership through the application of Koch’s Market Based Management® (MBM®) philosophy to achieve superior results.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Driving a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation
- Working with front line supervisors to coach and develop employees
- Leading teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of safety, quality and/or cost reduction initiatives and projects that add the highest value to the operation to drive continuous improvement
- Champion planning for both outage and routine maintenance
- Understanding, communicating and aligning goals in the area of quality, production, safety and reliability
- Driving process & equipment modifications that result in improved product quality, reduced variation and higher customer satisfaction
- Utilizing strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, and planning/scheduling/execution skills
- Utilizing strong interpersonal skills (i.e. coaching, mentoring, counseling, directing, delegating, advising, collaborating, influencing, etc.)
- Utilizing strong problem-solving skills and constructive challenge process to drive to the optimum solution
- Effectively manage many high priority tasks / projects with a sense of urgency
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Three (3) or more years of pulp/paper industry experience
- Supervisory experience with responsibility for direct reports within a pulp and paper manufacturing operation
- Experience with pulping operations including digesting, brown stock washing, evaporating and woodyard
- Experience managing in a labor union environment
Our Toledo facility is an integrated mill that manufactures containerboard, including unbleached linerboard and corrugating medium that is converted into corrugated boxes and packaging at numerous box plants on the West Coast from Washington to California and New Mexico. The packaging is used for a variety of products such as fruit, vegetables and seafood; consumer goods such as tissue, paper products, packaged food and beverages. The GP Toledo mill is the largest recycler of wastepaper (used cardboard boxes) in Oregon at over 500,000 tons recycled annually. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Toledo, situated on a bend of the Yaquina River and surrounded by wooded hills, is just seven miles inland from the Central Oregon Coast, the only inland coastal community with a deep-water channel. The historic town cascades over the hillsides to the river. Once a bustling lumber mill town, Toledo’s industries today include lively boat repair businesses and Port of Toledo facilities; which support the fishing industry; a vibrant arts community, and a modern paper products mill. (visittheoregoncoast.com)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf