Koch Specialty Plant Services has a need for a Crane Operator to work at a client site in Long Branch, TX.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in petrochemical operational units and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the particular project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, state and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
- Operates a crane to lift, move, and position loads such as components, equipment, and solid or bulk materials, complete final inspections in accurate and timely manner demonstrating an understanding of how the product fits together. Stop, think and ask if design or fabrication results appear to be unusual or not right.
- Plans all lifts, uses proper capacity charts, completes pre-lift/critical lift sheet.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement.
- Uses hoisting attachments such as hook, sling, or clamps as load requires.
- Perform daily crane inspections.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Observes functioning of equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, repairs, or replacements.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Valid Crane Operator license from an accredited institution for an all-terrain crane
- Valid Crane Operator physical
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid TWIC card
- Two years in crane operation
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be familiar with standard hand signals.
- Taken and passed OSHA equipment operating courses as required
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in oil and gas construction
- Previous experience using computerized control systems
- NCCCO certification
- Crawler crane certification
Koch Specialty Plant Services, Inc. (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the market place because, quite simply, ''We do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique Market-Based Management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf