Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor – Pulp Mill
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to support the Pulp Mill area of the mill. This position is responsible for leading a team of Mechanical technicians to execute planned, unplanned, and outage related work. This role reports to the Mechanical Maintenance Area Leader.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead, supervise, and direct the work process of up to 13 hourly team members
- Ensure 100% compliance 100% of the time to OSHA, Georgia-Pacific, state, and federal standards and accounting practices for all equipment and work in the assigned area
- Assist Operations team with weekly schedule priorities
- Provide leadership, technical support, and direction to the Mechanical technicians
- Drive safety and compliance excellence through effective work execution, personally modeling safe behaviors
- Hold hourly employees accountable for improving the site safety performance
- Partner with Operations and Planners to ensure feedback from work execution is updated in computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Ensure all team members complete required training materials
- Promote and support a transformational culture in maintenance with operations that supports an Ownership Based Work System
- Ensure Safe Work Practice compliance (Safe Permits, Save My Life tools)
- Support area routine outages to ensure planned maintenance work is completed in the outage window.
- Perform site (GEMBA) walks in the areas to improve employee engagement and maintenance performance
- Utilize effective oral and written communication skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Three (3) or more years of work experience in industrial mechanical maintenance
- Supervisory/management experience with responsibility for direct reports
- Experience with gear box (GBX) rebuilds, bearing installations, and precision maintenance
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical systems
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering/Technology
- Maintenance experience in fully integrated pulp and paper facility
- Experience maintaining, calibrating, programming, and troubleshooting hydraulic systems
- Experience with precision alignment equipment
- Experience maintaining fiber pulping equipment
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with wireless vibration technology (e.g.: KCF, Emerson)
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill located in Pennington, Alabama, is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 900 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.