Sr. Strategy Analyst / Manager, Strategy
Georgia-Pacific's Packaging and Cellulose division is a recognized leader in customer-focused fiber-based solutions, offering customers a full range of product options, from high-end graphic packaging to cellulose fluff pulp to bulk bins. Various business units and products make up the Georgia-Pacific Packaging & Cellulose Segment. We invite you to take a closer look... Safety. Sustainability. Customer Focus. Innovation. Quality. Value Creation. These are the strands in our DNA that set us apart.
We are seeking a Senior Strategy Analyst or Manager for our Strategy and Business Intelligence (SBI) Group to support our Cellulose division. This position requires 4 main skills/competencies for success: Analytical Skills, Collaboration & Teamwork, Economic Thinking, and Intellectual Curiosity.
This is a highly visible role with frequent interaction with executive leadership. It also interacts with all levels and groups within Georgia-Pacific, providing a platform for growth and advancement.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Ultimately the role will be tailored to the strengths and long-term goals of the hired individual, but anticipated responsibilities are below:
- Developing specialty pulp market point of views (POVs)
- Working with the sales team, other internal resources, as well as with third party consultants to create and advance proprietary views on demand, supply and pricing of low alpha, high alpha wood pulps and cotton linter pulp in the near, mid and long-term
- Monitoring and tracking key demand drivers and changes in supply
- Track inventories, operating rates, and other indicators of market environment
- Analyzing various price setting mechanisms including substitution/swing drivers and re-investment economics.
- Monitoring demand and understanding how current trends will adjust projections for future demand/pricing
- Developing and maintaining economic and financial analyses of new technologies, products, business methods/models and trends in relevant markets.
- Following agricultural markets and impact on cotton and its associated products trends
- Work with Strategy & Business Development group on M&A, as well as cellulose group on internal business development opportunities.
- Incorporating strong economic thinking and modeling methods
- Combining market POV and other analysis to help formulate and drive Georgia-Pacific specific commercial strategies in specialty pulp business
- Working with sales to manage long term customer forecasts and asset utilization
- Providing strong marginal economic insight into incremental sales opportunities and impacts on P&L
- Engaging with Memphis cotton linter business on providing analysis to manage production plan, inventories and incremental sales opportunities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- At least 3 years’ experience with financial and economic analysis, and/or financial modeling and forecasting.
- Microsoft Office experience to include: Excel (create and analyze spreadsheets, use formulas and manipulate data) and PowerPoint (create presentations and present material to large audiences
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or Business
- MBA or advanced degree.
- Experience with market analysis/assessments.
- Experience in the paper or pulp industries.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf