Regional Thermal Oxidizer Engineer
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion (JZHC), a Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) company, is looking for a Regional Thermal Oxidizer (TO) Engineer to perform several tasks to assist Thermal Oxidizer team visiting end users, assist clients in process / technical requests, and support JZHC team with technical visits. We will provide on the job training and a great team atmosphere. The right person must be open to learning, take feedback, and be driven to be successful.
This position is based in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia and will cover the Middle East area. This role will require up to 70% travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain and improve customer relationships. Ensure regional support is provided to the TO business team.
- Support the development of sales and marketing actions with end users.
- Perform direct contact (meeting) with end users supporting their requests.
- To actively take actions to promote our technology: proactively participate in technical clarification meetings; promote technical discussions (internal and with customers); participate in site visits for customer support (i.e. troubleshooting, commissioning, start-up, field technical assistance, etc.).
- Follow pre-commissioning, commissioning and Start-up for TO/RTO packages supporting Client and sharing knowledge/instruction with Client for the best performance of the packages. Furnish startup support at the plant site for major projects until the operating plant can safely operate the new units. Also, act as the technical lead during startup.
- Oversee efforts to identify, qualify, and capture additional and new markets, and promote KES Group visibility with end users throughout EMEAI.
- Process Engineering - support for the early development of project ideas and scope development in a thermal oxidizer plant environment for capital and non-capital improvements.
- Using critical & economic thinking, the challenge process, and team collaboration to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence.
- Provide leadership in the operation of a new technology where chemical engineering knowledge is crucial for establishing safe and reliable operations. Provide training to the operating and maintenance staff. This leadership will require travel to the plant that is installing the technology.
- Using organization and planning skills to execute tasks in a timely, purposeful, and orderly fashion.
- Using critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to troubleshoot equipment and machinery.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Graduation in chemical engineering
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Expert level in English and Arabic language is mandatory.
- Residing in Saudi Arabia
- You are a team-oriented person who has strong interpersonal skills
- Chemical engineering experience in a refining/petrochemical environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge in combustion chemistry and refining/petrochemical plant
- PLC/HMI experience
- Previous experience on thermal oxidizer plant