ELECTRICAL RELIABILITY ENGINEER
At INVISTA, we make the chemicals, polymers, fabrics and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands. Since the 1930s, nylon has become an essential part of everyday life. It’s integrated into your clothing, your shoelaces, your carpet and even the air bags that keep you safe. Our nylon products start with the chemical intermediates we produce – think “ingredients” – like adiponitrile (ADN), hexamethylene diamine (HMD) and adipic acid (AA) that help make modern-day clothing, and modern-day life, possible.
INVISTA is hiring an Electrical Reliability Engineer to join our team in Seaford, DE plant. The hours for the position will be from 8-4:30 and from time to time, this Engineer may work after hours and weekends as needed. This person will be responsible for all electrical power systems, PLC control systems, DCS control systems, and instrumentation for manufacturing of Nylon at this plant.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ownership of the Compliance System for the Site Electrical Safety Program
- Apply knowledge of the plant power distribution system and safety rules
- Ability to understand and interpret site electrical data as part of the Site Energy Team
- Review and approve I&E Prints (Schematics, Loop Drawings, Electrical, DCS Logic, P&IDs)
- Utilize the Site Management of Change (MOC) process to make changes to the equipment and facilities
- Provide leadership, coaching and collaborate in the RCA process with operators, maintenance mechanics, technicians, engineers and site leader
- Ensure root cause analysis for any failures and provide effective and systematic strategies to optimize cost
- Identify, evaluate and implement ideas to improve reliability and cost effectiveness
- Support the development of project justifications (DMFs) to address plant needs and opportunities for improvement
- Provide assistance with design and implementation of capital and expense projects
- Provide PLC troubleshooting support and guidance to E/I Technicians
- Utilize reliability tools to resolve process and equipment availability issues
- Develop scopes of work and strategies for our critical equipment in a way that improves MTBF and provides sustained quality assurance and condition monitoring, inspection, and testing
The Experience You Will Bring
- Plant experience in the chemical, petrochemical, manufacturing or utility industry
- NEC AND NFPA 70E regulations
- Extensive experience with PLC controls
- PLC Programming knowledge
- Instrumentation experience
- DCS trouble shooting skills (hardware & software)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field
- PE or Master Electrical License
- Familiarity with use of RCFA, RCA, PMO and implementation of effective reliability strategies.
- Familiarity with working in CMMS (i.e.: SAP)
- Experience leading reliability teams, programs, and projects
- Experience applying statistical tools to data analysis to identify "Bad Actor" equipment (i.e.: Reliability Modeling, Root Cause Analysis, Weibull analysis, RCA, RCM)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf