Transportation Operations Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Transportation Operations Manager to join our Leaf River Cellulose team in New Augusta, MS. Reporting to the Old Augusta Railroad General Manager, the Transportation Operations Manager will oversee the operations and accounting functions for Old Augusta Railroad (OAR) in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws and carry out Supply Chain responsibilities providing accurate and timely analysis to help optimize the Supply Chain. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market Based Management ® & Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership and employee development of OAR Train Crews
- Oversee Old August Railroad (OAR) & Leaf River Cellulose rail operations ensuring compliance with Federal Railroad Administration, Mississippi Department of Transportation, OSHA and HAZ MAT rules & regulations
- Manage the financial productivity of OAR
- Monitors performance and compliance with operating rules and hours of service
- Interface with customers and monitor the quality of the service in accordance with the terms of any applicable contractual arrangements
- Training new employees in operating practices according to federal regulations and company policies, administers discipline as needed
- Coordinates with Class 1 railroads for movement of trains
- Assists in analyzing complex business issues including commercial and operating proposals, business segment profitability, marketing and pricing initiatives, proposed capital investments, fleet capacity decisions, productivity initiatives, and supplier contracts
- Develop & validate business reports to ensure data quality, integrity, and accuracy
- Develop tools to better acquire and analyze data and automate processes
- Work collaboratively with commercial business teams and operations (production planning, logistics, shipping, & trucking companies) to identify, value, and prioritize opportunities.
- Facilitate logistics issue resolution as needed
- Consult with internal business leaders to develop financial analyses and strategies to maximize enterprise value
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) or more years of experience in Rail Operations
- One (1) or more years of experience in a supervisory role
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Rail Operations
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a supervisory role
- Experience training others in Federal Railroad Administration regulations
- Experience with railroad operations safety policies and practices
- Experience with railroad track inspections and railroad mechanical procedures
- Experience with financial concepts, discounted cash flow models, and statistical analysis
Start your career at Leaf River Cellulose, LLC, a world-class manufacturing facility where team members are using innovative technologies to produce specialty and market fluff pulp for a variety high-end uses across the globe.
For nearly 30 years, the Leaf River team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages in our ability to do so is our employees.
With a workforce of approximately 300, Leaf River is a non-union facility located in the heart of South Mississippi, just 20 miles from Hattiesburg.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.