PROCESS ENGINEER (ACO)
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a qualified professional for the role of Division Process Engineer. This position is based out of the corporate headquarters in Atlanta, GA. The individual will primarily be responsible for optimizing continuous dryer / kiln performance across 16 manufacturing plants within our Gypsum Division. The successful candidate will enjoy utilizing engineering expertise to improve current machine performance while generating scopes, estimates, and design for modified and/or new components.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assess current performance of existing assets across our network of plants.
- Lead improvements to existing assets to include operating strategies, control/technology strategies, engineering design and reliability and maintenance.
- Processes include dryer conveying, burner management, thermal balancing, airflows, control strategies, feedback loops, electrical and mechanical system health, and automation improvements.
- Must be able to work closely with plant and corporate personnel to identify opportunities and create value for the stakeholders.
- Support of multiple mills where these systems are installed.
- Support of process operations, through both the application of the process control systems and general troubleshooting of the processes.
- Development of engineering, operation and maintenance advancements that lead to improved safety, reduced costs, and improved efficiency.
- Support the growth of analytics and the collection of data, application of historian systems, and the application of systems to reduce process interventions.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Three (3) or more years’ of experience in capital projects and optimization activities
- Three (3) or more years’ process support experience. Examples of support include process troubleshooting, remote controls troubleshooting/support, and optimization of processes
- Experience in analyzing process data to optimize equipment performance
- Willing to travel at least 50% (consistent with Covid-19 travel restrictions)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Engineering experience in gypsum manufacturing or continuous manufacturing industries (building products, cement, pulp/paper, glass)
- Experience in thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid modelling, process modelling and process controls
- Fluency in Autocad and Microsoft applications
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf