Operator II- Forklift Operator
Operator II-Forklift Operator – Warrenton, Georgia
Georgia-Pacific has a brand new state-of-the art lumber mill in Warrenton, GA that has replaced our old mill.
We are currently looking for a few motivated individuals to join our team as an Operator II-Forklift Operator. This role will create value for the plant by contributing to the overall success of the facility by ensuring accurate and timely delivery of our lumber in order to meet and exceed the needs of customers. If you are a safety-oriented person with a commitment to attendance excellence, we look forward to hearing from you!
To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Learning to run Lumber equipment until you can run at assigned production levels
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Performing minor repairs to ensure machine reliability and escalate machine maintenance needs appropriately
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators as needed
- Performing general housekeeping duties to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards, and maintain the appearance of the plant
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours per day
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least six (6) months of experience operating mobile equipment in an industrial or construction environment
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment while adhering to the safety rules and regulations which includes wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs with the potential of working weekends, holidays, overtime, and up to 12 hours per day
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year of forklift experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf