Mechatronics Maintenance Apprentice
INVISTA is part of Koch Industries, one of the largest privately-owned companies in the world. This brings with it a culture of transformation and innovation which is key to our continued success and goal of sustaining world-class levels of performance.
We are looking for a Mechatronics Maintenance Apprentice with motivation and drive to join our team and start an apprenticeship with us in September 2021.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The first 12 months of the programme will be spent attending Gloucestershire Engineering Training College (GET) on a full-time basis to achieve a broad-based engineering introduction, NVQ at Level 2 and Technical Certificate Year 1.
In the subsequent 3 years the apprentice will have on site training at the INVISTA Gloucester site working alongside INVISTA’s skilled Technicians and Engineers with one day per week spent at GET. The apprentice will work towards and achieve a NVQ level 3 in Mechatronics Maintenance and Technical Certificate (in Year 2).
There is also the potential for the apprentice to complete a Higher National Certificate in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5 GCSE’s grades A-C or 9-5 including Maths, English and Science.
- Be able to demonstrate a practical mind set and have shown past interest in the engineering field through schoolwork or outside interests.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- You will need to be self-motivated, committed and hardworking and be able to work under supervised conditions, as part of a team and also on your own initiative.
- A desire to enter the field of Electrical/Mechanical maintenance.