SR TECHNICAL ANALYST
Georgia-Pacific (GP) has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. IT Analyst to support 100+ manufacturing facilities across North American. This position is a key member of the Georgia-Pacific Manufacturing IT Plant organization supporting our Building Products, Corrugated, and Dixie facilities. GP is one of the largest Building Products, Corrugated, and Consumer Product manufactures in the world. Remote work capabilities enable very flexible home-based location options only requiring to be within an hour of a major airport
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support technologies installed in business and manufacturing process environments to include: virtual Windows/Linux Servers with their associated storage devices, networking infrastructure (wired and wireless), firewalls, and end user computing workstations. Participate in an on-call support rotation.
- Serves as a technical expert within area of assignment, providing guidance and direction to other professional staff and resolving complex problems; participate in developing strategic plans for systems/applications development and modification within area of expertise
- Coordinate with systems, network and/or database administrators to implement application or system design specifications and coordinate integration across multiple platforms and technologies; maintains effective communications with users regarding activities, problems, status, timelines and other details.
- Perform root cause analysis and remediation of technical issues demonstrating a high level of initiative and executing against a defined plan and strategy.
- Understanding and translating business requirements and use cases into value driven actions.
- Root cause identification and problem resolution with incident report documentation.
- Train, lead and provide technical guidance to professional and technical staff. Direct the work of peers, other support team resources, or 3rd party technology staff if required.
- Working as part of a diverse enterprise support team to build strong working partnerships with local site operational and capability teams to create value drivers and results.
- Working independently, setting goals, and achieving milestones with minimal direction.
- Approximately 25% travel to manufacturing sites after COVID travel restrictions are lifted.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of experience in IT technical support.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience supporting a diverse technology stack (I.E.: Windows desktop and server, tablets, variety of peripherals, network technologies (wired & wireless), active directory, group policies, domain controllers, etc.)
- Ability to participate in a rotating on-call support schedule
- Ability to lift 35 pounds, work in various manufacturing mill environments, climbing stairs.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Variety of industry technical certifications (I.E.: CompTIA A+, Security+ and, Network+; MCSE; CCNA; CAPM; HDI; etc…)
- Linux System Administration experience
- Basic fluency with Powershell use with servers and Active Directory
- Experience with advanced Windows troubleshooting tools like Sysinternals
- Experience in IT/OT support in a manufacturing environment.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf