Do you aspire to leverage and further develop your skills and lead a team to excellence in safety, efficiency, and quality? If so, this could be the opportunity for you! Georgia Pacific is seeking a Plant Superintendent for our Corrugator department at our Mogadore, OH facility just outside of Akron. Production Superintendents’ supervise our team leaders to ensure a safe and injury/incident-free environment in our fast-paced plant. They motivate, coach, and inspire by demonstrating, promoting, and applying Georgia-Pacific’s Market Based Management (MBM®) in daily actions and decisions to deliver maximum value to the business and our customers. If you are a driven leader who can operate with a principled entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to learn more about you!
To learn more about the GP Corrugated Business, check out these videos/links:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advance the application of Market Based Management (MBM®) throughout the operation departments to create maximum long-term value for our customers, company, and society
- Safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify and mitigate critical hazards
- Effectively manage and advance all aspects of manufacturing – Safety & Health, Environmental, Reliability, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Yield, Compliance and Capital/Maintenance Investment
- Measure production efficiencies, analyze and solve machine downtime causes, eliminate waste, maintain budgetary raw material usages, perform root cause analysis, schedule production, and establish standard operating procedures
- Identify, understand and adopt relevant best practices to advance faster than the competition
- Direct and indirect responsibilities for salary and hourly operation employees, including development of roles/responsibilities/expectations, performance reviews and compensation evaluations for each individual employee
- Creating and maintaining a positive work environment for all employees.
- Spending time on the floor engaging with employees and overseeing plant operations as appropriate.
- Identifying and implementing systems and equipment upgrades and improvements to drive long term value creation
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience within a Corrugated Industry
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a supervisory or lead role in a manufacturing, military or industrial environment
- Experience coaching, counseling and developing employees
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), and PowerPoint (prepare/present presentations), and Outlook (email correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical or business discipline
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf