Capital Projects Manager
As a Project Manager, you will lead cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. Typical responsibilities are to lead conceptual project development, front-end engineering, detailed design and construction, continuing through commissioning and post startup project analysis. You will be accountable for project development, planning, design development, and execution, including creation of schedules, cost estimates, and scopes of work. You will utilize your knowledge & experience with earned decision rights to create value in a project management environment that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders. This will include developing comprehensive project execution plans with focus on scope, cost, schedule, risk management, engineering, procurement, and construction.
Remote work locations are not being offered. This role will sit in Wichita, KS.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work cross-functionally with groups to ensure all aspects of the project are properly considered, including safety, environmental, construction, operations, and reliability
- Manage / support multiple projects at KAES sites in Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Brandon, Manitoba, Canada (typically 2-3 sites)
- Communicate effectively and recognize opportunities for value creation and improvements
- Manage multiple projects in various phases in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations
- Travel up to 50% including occasional weekends to support on Turnarounds and other critical projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience in a refining, petroleum, ammonia, chemicals or closely related industry
- Experience managing multiple small-to-medium capital projects
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf