Senior Cloud Architect
Molex LLC is a leading supplier of interconnect solutions for the automotive, medical, consumer electronics, and datacom industries that link today’s world and solve tomorrows challenges. We are seeking a Senior Cloud Architect to join our Cloud Platform team! As a Senior Cloud Architect, you will play an integral role in developing and executing on cloud strategies in domains such as cost optimization, automation, cloud security, and governance. You will work alongside a team of architects and engineers to build a scalable and secure cloud platform that the rest of the Molex organization can consume.
A successful candidate will be able to identify process and development opportunities, communicate and document solutions and vision, and effectively challenge legacy mental models. This candidate will also serve as a mentor to the engineers internal to the team, as well as being a soundboard for others across the organization. The ability to learn quickly and then execute is vital to this candidate’s success.
This role is open to remote/ work from home candidates with preference to sit in Chicago, Dallas, Wichita, Atlanta, or Reno.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work alongside Enterprise Architect to build strategic cloud bets that enable the business to deliver value for our customers.
- Work with the development team to help design, build, and maintain automation.
- Design CI/CD pipelines to deploy code quickly, efficiently, and securely.
- Define and enforce cloud architecture best practices: availability; redundancy schemes, performance, Disaster Recovery, DB and Interfacing Systems, etc.
- Create means to monitor platform health, security, and spend.
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Experiment with new technologies to meet the constantly evolving demands of the platform and our customers.
- Be a trusted advisor to the other Molex Technology teams and our business partners
- Be an MBM culture carrier and advocate in your daily interactions and work.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4+ years experience performing design/build/support activities in AWS
- 4+ years experience of identifying and executing on cloud cost optimization opportunities
- 2+ years experience writing and maintaining infrastructure as code
- 2+ years experience with CI/CD pipelines in a DevOps environment
- Experience in communicating and leading discussions regarding technical solutions or problems to varying levels of the organization
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of Agile software development
- Experience with container platforms
- Experience with Mulesoft and other integration platforms
- Knowledge of security best practices as they relate to software development, cloud environments, and networking
- Experience in Azure and/or GCP
- Knowledge with IoT devices and development
This role is eligible for variable pay based on performance and other related factors. Variable pay may be issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Employees may be eligible to participate in our benefits programs which include: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts, life insurance, AD&D, disability, retirement, paid vacation, paid parental leave and educational assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline.
For this position we anticipate paying $120,000 to $200,000 per year.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf