John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is now hiring for a Crate Builder in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. This is a great opportunity for an individual to be part of an operative team and gain experience with a well-established but growing manufacturing facility and test center. Craters assemble custom wooden shipping and storage containers. Responsibilities include assembling boxes, banding, stapling, and stamping. The ideal candidate is someone who is takes initiative, performs tasks accurately and efficiently, and works well with others.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Perform daily activities of the shipping department while updating your supervisor regularly
- Interpret dimensional drawings to build crates for the shipment of products
- Properly load and place equipment parts into crates to avoid damage to parts during transit
- Ensure all crates are identified with required information and all necessary documentation is attached to crates prior to shipment
- Follow specific procedures for packaging, crating, boxing, bundling, wrapping, strapping, and labeling
- Confirm all forms (such as the Shipping List and Weights & Dims Slip) are correctly filled out and signed off
- Operate lift trucks and other equipment to move parts to required locations and load/unload trucks as necessary
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of two (2) years of crating, shipping, OR construction experience
- Experience in the operation of hand power tools, saws, nail guns, and measuring tools
- Willing and able to work overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work in an industrial environment
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience reading blueprints
- Experience operating a forklift or other mobile equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf