Process Engineering Supervisor
SRG Global Inc., a Guardian company, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of chrome plated plastic parts for the automotive, commercial truck and household appliance industries with a manufacturing presence in major world markets including North America, Western and Central Europe and China. The company is headquartered near Detroit in Troy, Michigan. Learn more about us at www.srgglobal.com.
SRG Global Evansville is looking for a Molding Process Engineer to join our team!
The Process Engineering Supervisor position will be highly interfaced with the SRG Global team and lead a team of 10 Process Technician and Die Setters. The position will require values and beliefs consistent with the company culture, along with the expected knowledge and skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Establish leadership for the shift and make a cost-effective, quality product, which meets and exceeds customer expectations
- Initiate and direct continuous improvement programs while establishing and maintaining positive employee relations
- Lead 5S projects and lean manufacturing
- Maintain equipment and company assets to ensure safe operating condition
- Comply with all standard safety practices and company guidelines
- Set up and optimize the injection molding process
- Ensure manufacturing quality standards are continuously maintained and improved
- Provide process engineering technical support to production units in order to address and resolve any system, process, or mechanical issues that cause efficiency loss
- Provide process support to plant engineering activities involving preparation and execution of detailed engineering projects
- Design improvements relating to capacity, efficiency, process safety and environmental performance
- Work with support teams to monitor unit operations, troubleshoot, and assist with special projects
- Use root cause analysis to develop solutions and implement changes as they arise from prototype to production builds
- Provide training to Process Technicians and Die Setters
- Ability to stand or walk on concrete floor for 8+ hours; lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Requires hand, arm, back, and leg strength; also bending and squatting ability
- Requires climbing in and out of large-format molding machines, across the tie bars
- Must have eye, foot, and hand coordination, and be able to do repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine motor manipulation
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures & perform work indoors / outdoors as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Strong knowledge of plastic injection molding and tooling
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience (coaching/developing Teams)
- Minimum 3 years related technical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in and the ability to model and implement the following concepts: empowerment and teamwork; Kaizen; standardized work; PDCA and problem solving; 5S; quality improvement tools; JIT production tools including: set-up time reduction, and process flow improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical degree
- RJG and Moldflo© experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf