GLOBAL LIMS ADMINISTRATOR
The FHR Global Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Administrator is responsible for working with our lab teams to configure and support a third-party LIMS application for workflow and lab processes. They will be responsible for gathering and analyzing user requirements, creating workflows, and improving existing workflows. This position will be responsible for the performance, setup, troubleshooting, training, and other related issues with a LIMS application.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills (oral and written), self-starter mentality, flexibility, and willingness to take on new challenges and the ability to thrive in a team environment. The LIMS Administrator will have responsibility for system administration, user support, maintenance of documentation, collection of user requirements, and design/implementation of LIMS Workflows and reports. Plans, coordinates, administers, and supports the activities related to the Laboratory Data Automation applications.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain, manage, configure, and update LIMS database and functionality.
- Evaluate, recommend, and participate in streamlining LIMS functions that could increase/enhance efficiency/effectiveness of the laboratory process.
- Administer and manage the LIMS access accounts and user requirements.
- Maintain and carry out the implementation of new forms, customized reports (Crystal Report design), workflows, LIMS system tables changes, and understand LIMS coding
- Provide lab automation needs by interfacing instruments into LIMS
- Ensure that all LIMS changes are adequately documented, implemented, and validated according to system lifecycle policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the lab to understand challenges and opportunities for improvement and make recommendations to management.
- Provide technical support to LIMS end-users, troubleshoots and diagnose LIMS-related errors and coordinates with the IT teamor LIMS vendor when necessary to assist with corrections
- Develop training materials and provide training on LIMS to new and current employees and offer guidance on utilization of the LIMS application.
- Support/Participate in LIMS related projects for upgrades
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Science (Computer Science, Information Science, Chemistry) or commensurate work experience in applicable fields
- 3+ years of experience with LIMS administration
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in Thermo Sample Manager LIMS, implementation and maintenance preferably
- Experience with computer system databases and queries (SQL or Oracle preferred)
- Working experience with Crystal Reports
- Advanced degree focused on coding (C#, .net)
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, self-directed and able to manage challenging priorities.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Strong background in laboratory computing, programming, networking and data management
- Project management experience
- Business analysis experience
- Software quality assurance experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf