Production Launch Technician
Sign-On Bonus - $1,000*
Referral Bonus - $2,500*
401K- 7% Match
Vacation– 3 Weeks
The Production Launch Technician will be responsible for aiding the Launch Cross Functional Team (CFT) in relocating product programs from our Farmington, MO facility to our Evansville, IN plant. They will do this by advancing quality planning techniques, developing strategy, and knowledge transfer during the new launch development process. The Production Launch Technician will create value by driving results through customer focus and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge to be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a hands-on position that will work across the organization to implement the full manufacturing life-cycle of the product (program management, customer relations, quality, engineering, production, etc.).
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead standardization and best practice implementations with Engineering, Tooling, Quality Engineering, Program Management, APQP Engineering, Substrate, Coatings, and Assembly Capability groups, and Operations Leaders to develop seamless product or process development
- Maintain working knowledge and ensure compliance of all safety and environmental expectations including lockout tagout, machine guarding, good housekeeping practices, 5S, etc. (Stop, Think, Ask)
- Support Launch CFT and plant personnel in pre-production trials both in house and at vendor locations, complete sample request forms, logistical moves of product within the plant, inventory management of trial parts, and support dimensional studies
- Develop Work Instructions and other applicable documentation to support our Quality Management System, CFT and APQP Engineering to meet or exceed IPSO requirements
- Take on a train-the-trainer mentality, asset management, coordination of on-site cell layouts, and establish FG and WIP lanes
- Confirm compliance, develop 5S standards and support continuous improvement activities related to product launch
- Connect to the Market Based Management (MBM) principles
- Work first shift and support other shifts as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Working knowledge of IATF Quality Management System and ISO 17025 calibration systems in a manufacturing environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to four (4) to eight (8) hours a day
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Strong computer and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and move projects forward
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding, plating, painting, assembly, and MP&L processes
- Experience with SOLID software systems
- Previous Project Management experience
- Experience driving a forklift
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf