Prototyping & Assembly Specialist
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – Prototyping and Assembly Specialist
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
We are seeking an experienced Prototyping and Assembly Specialist to support our development efforts. As the ideal candidate, you are very detail-oriented and has a strong aptitude for precision hands-on work. Good communication skills and a desire to add value in a high-calibre team of professionals are also a must for this position. In addition, you must have a high level of interest to learn and achieve goals and career growth in the company.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support both the process of prototyping and commercial assembly of high-quality products
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team in building and troubleshooting prototypes with minimal work instructions and to tight timelines
- Suggest and develop prototype and production manufacturing techniques in building high precision products
- Participate in problem solving/improvement activities and development of work instructions
- Work with measuring devices, magnifiers, small tools, and electromechanical components, and perform functional testing and inspection operations
- Assemble products and parts by following production guidelines and specifications while meeting production targets
- Operate and maintain development and production equipment and machinery
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Follow health and safety standards
- Maintain a clean workstation and production floor
The Experience You Will Bring
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED
- At least 5 years work experience in the assembly and building products
- Able to multitask and prioritize
- Able to perform manual tasks requiring dexterity and coordination
- Work well under minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal English
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Assembly of electric motor and/or gearbox technologies
- Experience in electrical or electronic assembly and testing
- Prior experience in design or fabrication of tooling or fixtures
- Experience in both manufacturing and product development/R&D environments
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg