Product Development Engineer
The Engineering Department at SRG Global headquarters in Troy, Michigan is searching for an engineering professional with a passion for driving continuous improvement in process efficiency and effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a “hands-on” position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Primary single source contact for all engineering issues associated with each Ford program that you are assigned.
- Provide engineering feasibility and propose concepts to Ford during the theme and product development stage.
- Represent Engineering in Cross Functional Team meetings.
- Utilize engineering disciplines (FMA, DFMEA, DVPR, APQP, PPAP etc.) and prepare necessary documentation.
- Meet all Engineering milestone requirements and provide documentation of analysis
- Utilize CAD software CATIA V5
- Prepare CDR documentation relative to the final design and present to CFT and management.
- Lead all Design testing, validation, redesign if required and final production sign-off.
- Provide engineering support during product launch at our facilities and the customer’s facilities.
- Occasional travel to out-of-state manufacturing facilities.
- Meet and understand all Program Timing requirements and all customer deliverables.
- Utilize strong customer service skills when interfacing with customers.
- Identify the root cause of problems found, develop solutions and implement changes for problems as they arise
The Experience You Will Bring
- Leadership Style: Self-starter. Must be able to work with little direction and with high level of self-motivation.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and work well in a group.
- Experience with Injection mold design, CATIA V5 CAD and quality engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.
- BS in Engineering or other technical degree required.
- Strong knowledge of plastic injection molding part design and tooling.
- Well-organized project management skills, program management background a plus.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf