Pilot Plant Technician
Koch-Glitsch LP - Research and Development Department is now hiring for an R&D Pilot Plant Technician on 3rd Shift. (Monday - Friday 12:00 am - 8:00 am)
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Fabrication of new products - welding, metal forming, 3D printing
- Equipment setup and preparation - installation of test product(s), pipe or tubing fitting, equipment installation (heat exchanger, pump, etc.), pressure check, insulation
- Instruments - installation and wiring, calibration, troubleshooting
- Equipment operations - charge chemicals (possibly flammable or corrosive), start the equipment and operate per the test procedure with a PLC control system
- Data acquisition - obtain chemical samples and analyze, record and enter data in Excel, make visual observations, operate specialized instruments (laser, particle detection, etc.)
- Performing all duties safely is a requirement of all Koch-Glitsch employees. Safety training will include topics such as HAZWOPER, confined space entry, hot work permit writing, lock out/tag out, fork lift, hoist, and numerous other safe work practices
- Working in a non-climate controlled environment performing physical tasks to include squatting, bending and lifting up to 50lbs
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Experience in a manufacturing/industrial, military, or petrochemical/refinery operations experience OR a 2-year degree
- Experience using basic hand tools including measuring instruments
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating plant equipment or have worked in a chemical/gas/refinery plant operation environment
- Work experience in welding, fabrication, analytical lab or instrument calibration
- 1st Aid, CPR/AED or other safety related training
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf