INVISTA is seeking a Research Engineer for its R&D facility located in Orange, Texas.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Transform process knowledge and experimental basic data to new or improved commercial chemical plant process options. This will involve use of chemical engineering unit operations knowledge, mass and energy modelling skills, as well as economic thinking to help guide experimental work and define processes at the R&D semiworks, pilot, and commercial scale. A strong technical orientation, problem-solving, and innovation skill base are essential. The role requires working closely with R&D Scientists, manufacturing technical personnel as well as Business and Technical leadership. The role also includes assessment of competitive technology and assisting commercial operations to troubleshoot process problems and define improvement opportunities.
To learn more about INVISTA, click the link below:
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of chemical plant or R&D experience
- Able to meet the physical requirements outlined below
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Candidate must be physically able to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Accessing elevated platforms by ladder (includes egress), accessing multiple floors of open structures by stairway (includes egress
- Operating company vehicles
- Donning Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, FRC/Nomex, gloves, and safety boots
What Will Put You Ahead
- Process synthesis definition, evaluation and commercialization experience
- Mass and Energy Balance modelling
- Techno-economic analysis of chemical processes,
- Strong fundamental chemical engineering knowledge (e.g., reaction kinetics, thermodynamics, distillation, extraction, crystallization, absorption, etc.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf