Account Manager- Apple
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Account Manager to join our highly visible team in the Silicon Valley area to support one of our top global high-tech device accounts while working for one of the top interconnect solutions in the world. As an Account Manager for this high-tech device account, you will manage assigned business units within this account with the primary objective of growing profitable Molex revenue within it by creating new demands and seeking out existing business. This position carries a high degree of autonomy and will be the primary interface between our customer and Molex. You will have the responsibility for educating this important customer on the value Molex brings to their business. Along with being the primary point of contact with all levels of the client’s organization and related distributors supporting select business units, you will also interface with many internal Molex roles in support of these customers including other members of the Global Sales & Marketing team, Product Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Finance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Managed focused business units at customer to achieve or surpass assigned revenue targets as well as assigned demand creation pipeline goals. Track and document these actions and results in our Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Find desirable revenue opportunities and present to Business Units for necessary support.
- Track and coordinate demand creation business transitioned to other parts of the world to assure Molex captures this business.
- Track revenue and profitability of the assigned portfolio and ensure the business is captured accurately across all Molex systems.
- Coordinate with Divisions and ensure NPI programs are on track and in alignment with customer expectations
- Track and coordinate demand fulfillment with APO, CM sales and supply planning teams
- Ongoing development of personal expertise is critical to success in this role. Become an expert in understanding this customer’s individual strategic business plans for each applicable business unit. Develop and maintain new engineering relationships in all of your assigned business units, and continually develop technical product skills to effectively sell a wide breadth of Molex offerings.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures
Skills and Abilities:
- A self-motivated individual who can successfully manage and prioritize their own workload with minimal direct supervision
- Ongoing development of personal expertise is critical to success in this role
- Ability to understand customer technical needs and effectively sell solutions to both the customer and present these options to our supporting Molex Business Units for buy in
- Ability to effectively build strategic customer relationships across a broad span of roles to maximize Molex’s ability to win new business opportunities
- Ability to influence others both within Molex and at the customer base
- Projects a professional and credible image, well respected in the marketplace
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a technical discipline
- Experience calling on OEM’s that design in consumer products with a proven track record of design wins
- Ability to understand customer needs and effectively sell solutions to both the customer and supporting Molex business units
- Ability to effectively build strategic customer and distributor relationships across a broad span of roles to maximize Molex’s ability to win business
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of experience in a sales or account manager role within the electronics or interconnect industry
- Bachelor’s degree, or advanced, in Engineering (preferably BSEE, Physics, or Optics),
- Experience working on Global Accounts
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf