Reliability Technician- Gladys, VA
Georgia-Pacific is a leader in the forest products industry.
Our Brookneal facility in Gladys, VA is looking for a for a Reliability Technician at the Building Products facility that makes Oriented Strand Board (OSB). This state-of-the-art facility is committed to providing a safe work environment for all of its employees.
The Reliability Technician is an integral part of the Reliability Team. He/she will play an integral role in our proactive and preventive maintenance programs and utilizing good proactive communication between departments will be critical to a sustainable RCM program.
The condition monitoring and precision maintenance tasks require special skills, knowledge and dedication. The assigned technician will be trained on the applications and monitoring technique of the tools, as well as some basic analysis knowledge. It is a continuous learning process and constant follow-up is critical.
The Plant Reliability Technician supports the plant reliability improvement program through the following efforts:
- To conduct vibration analysis, infrared thermography, ultrasound testing and participate with oil analysis as appropriate to monitor all plant equipment.
- To ensure all plant Assets are operating at optimal levels.
- To perform Precision Maintenance on plant equipment that are misaligned, unbalanced, loose or found not to be operating optimally.
- To aid in applying best lubrication practices with proper lubricants with the right amount and correct frequency.
- To assist in developing solutions and making recommendations on plant maintenance with the help of analytical tools such as RCFA, FMEA and RCM programs.
- To help maintain a comprehensive plant maintenance database that will support the plant reliability improvement program.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The successful candidate will conduct themselves and their duties in a manner consistent with our guiding principles.
- Follows applicable Safety, Health and Environmental rules and guidelines while performing Predictive, Preventive and Corrective maintenance work.
- Able to complete all projects and tasks with minimal guidance showing proactive attitude to continue improvement and desire to gain new knowledge.
- Collection and analysis of vibration, ultra sound, and thermographic information for plant equipment, including fans, blowers, electrical motors, gearboxes, compressors and conveyors.
- Understand, implement and encourage precision maintenance techniques on imbalanced fans, misaligned shaft couplings, loose or weak bases, failed bearings, worn sheaves, improper mountings and inadequate lubrication.
- Utilize various computer systems to trend and analyze data, identify failure modes and equipment history to address repetitive failures.
- Utilize computer programs to create work requests and identify spare parts.
- Contribute to RCFA cases, FMEA analysis, Lubrication and RCM programs.
- Regularly review all equipment failures and current inspection methods to determine the PM actions that may have prevented failure and reducing the likelihood of reoccurrence.
- Participate in the maintenance optimization process that determines PM frequency, indicators and inspection methods.
- Assist in applying value analysis to make maintenance decisions, i.e., repair/replace and repair/redesign.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of an approved apprenticeship program, associates degree or trade school certificate in the mechanical field with no experience or at least two years of equivalent experience in the Industrial Maintenance trade.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree in a related technical field.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Tech will be required to obtain MLT-1 certification, Cat-1 Vibration Certification, Level -1 Ultrasound certification within the first year of service.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf