The jobsite located in Baytown, TX has an opening for a Quality Inspector.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Some core responsibilities for a QC Inspector include:
- Serve as an accountable leader of Safety and Environmental Concerns at Field Sites.
- Accurately interpret drawings, customer requirements and quality documentation.
- Demonstrate product knowledge of inspection techniques and proper use of all necessary tools and gauges.
- Approve incoming supplier materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approve in-process and final production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Ensure documentation of identified non-conformities of product(s) or processes with NCR program and conducts effective root cause investigations of non-conformities. Recommends corrective and preventive actions.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database (WATTS).
- Effectively work with others to implement improvements to quality and/or performance.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Conduct inspections professionally, safely and without bias.
- Work overtime and on-call as needed.
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
Some physical demands of being a QC Inspector include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 12 hours per day.
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Past experience reading and understanding Piping and Instrumentation drawings (P&ID’s) and blueprints.
- Ability to demonstrate fraction to decimal conversions.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Willing and able to work overtime and on-call as needed
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Willing and able to obtain the ASNT VT-2 Certification within 6 months of being in the role
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of experience as Quality Control Inspector
- Past experience as a pipefitter or welder in an oil and gas construction environment
- Weld inspection experience
- Ability to ensure that nonconformities of product processes are documented.
- Positive Material Identification experience
- ASNT VT-2 Certification
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf