Sales Director - California
Sentient Energy is looking for a full-time Sales Director to join our team. This is a remote, senior opportunity reporting to the Vice President of Sales, North America and will be in California. The Director will be the primary owner of all sales and business development activities for assigned North American electric utility accounts. This position plays the lead role in developing new business and managing key utility clients to rapidly grow Sentient Energy’s ownership of the Smart Grid marketplace. The role is responsible for implementing a strategic sales plan aimed at generating new business and for building strong, value-based relationships with customer decision makers at the VP- and C-levels within strategic utilities. The Sales Director will work across the Sentient Energy organization -- partnering with our Customer Success and Technical Sales teams on solution adoption and account growth, while engaging with Business Development, Engineering, Product Management, and the Advanced Technology teams to ensure our utility partners meet their targeted system reliability goals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leverage a “sales hunter” mentality to deliver new account logos, bookings, and revenue with assigned electric utility accounts
- Prospect new and current accounts to build a robust pipeline, ensuring successful achievement of quarterly bookings and revenue targets
- In concert with our Technical Sales team, partner with utilities to consultatively define, scope and sell Sentient Energy solutions to drive customer defined value
- Manage complex sales cycles while orchestrating cross-functional internal teams
- Lead and execute on account acquisition and expansion blueprints to ensure proper prioritization of internal planning and resources
- Maintain 18-month forecasts and regular account/opportunity status updates within Sentient Energy’s Customer Relationship Management Software
- Maintain alignment of opportunities with Sentient Energy’s defined selling processes
- Partner with Customer Success team on developing and maintaining strategic plans for account trajectory and client communications
- Foster a collaborative working environment internally and externally with respective teams to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions to land and expand strategic accounts
- Ensure that account/program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the company and the customer
- Show a willingness to adopt and improve bestselling practices and have a penchant for creativity and innovation to solve problems, respectfully challenging norms for the sake of progress
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with direct sales and/or account management
- Experience selling hardware and software solutions
- Experience working in the utility industry
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of relevant utility sales experience
- Experience effectively selling into VP- and C-suite levels of large organizations
- Experience driving selling opportunities via a CRM software
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, as health and safety permits
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM software
- Knowledge of electric distribution systems, including electric power systems, distribution automation, and distributed control systems and communications
- Experience with utility reliability metrics and use cases for positioning value propositions
- Experience understanding how actionable data/metrics can drive realization of value for both Sentient Energy and our clients (ex: having a “data driven point of view”)
- Experience with stakeholder/relationship management across multiple parties and departments within and outside of the company
Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in solar, electric vehicle and other renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is well positioned to capitalize on this trend and is poised to be a leader in making the delivery of power safer and more reliable.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship