The jobsite located in Baytown, TX has an opening for a General Laborer.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- General housekeeping
- Move materials
- Shoveling dirt, compacting dirt, breaking or chipping concrete
- Removing concrete forms
- Assist craft workers by carrying tools and moving materials to work areas
- Be able to use the following tools: jack hammers, dirt compactors, dirt shovels, chipping guns/hammers, framing hammers, and crow bars
- All other duties as required
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work on elevated platforms and maintain balance when stepping on narrow platforms such as beams and pipes. Must be able to perform these activities while wearing an approved full-body harness and lanyard.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week
- Must be willing and able to work in extreme weather including heat, humidity, and cold
- Must be willing and able to work on scaffolds and at high elevations
- Must be willing and able to meet all basic physical requirements.
- Must be willing and able to attend mandatory safety meetings.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous construction experience
- Basic knowledge of tools and crafts
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf