Sr Engineer, Customer Quality
What You Will Do In Your Role
Coordinate with Consumer & Commercial Solution (CCS) key mobile customers in South China, Global Molex, & CM on QN (Quality notification), SQA, & Quality improvement. This Includes:
- Serve as initial contact on quality issues from key customer, or CM and always available by phone.
- Lead and coordinate with Molex factories in Korea, Japan, and Shanghai to support customer quality issues. Review the 8D before submitting to customer and coordinate the actions if required. Following with customer to get 8D approved and close.
- Lead and support customer application issues and solve it timely under internal QA, PD, FAE’s support.
- Provide coordination for completion & communication of action items to meet quality targets. Schedule & conduct quality communications meeting & calls with customer, CM, and within Molex. This also includes global coordination of quality related communications regarding assigned customers.
- Maintain & track performance on a global action item list for improving performance, customer scorecard management on quality related issues and link assigned customer scorecard results to Molex sites and follow-up on action plans. Also manage global quality performance reporting coordination & consolidation.
- Visit customer and Molex locations for pro-active reviews and attend regional and/or global meetings with customer. This may include participation in relationship building activities with assigned customer locations.
- Coordinate with plants globally for uniform action on all new products and change management for assigned customers. This includes coordination of customer’s product/process qualification activities within Molex and its suppliers, and responsibility for the Molex Global Change Management process as it impacts products purchased by customer.
- Participate on internal audit team for entities supplying assigned customers. Participates in all product and system audits for assigned customers in any Molex site.
- Understand, support, and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Over 10 years in Quality related role.
- Problem solving abilities (8D, 5 whys)
- Analytical ability for connector Quality issue
- Communication skills to liaise with customers and Molex plants
- Organizational skills to manage multiple QNs at the same time
- Negotiation skills to ensure reduction of sorting costs/PPM /number of official claims
- Multi-tasking abilities to manage a heavy workload and to perform under pressure: handle many customers/plants/Quality issues at the same time
- IT skills: Outlook, Excel, SAP
- Willingness to travel: mandatory to visit customers and Molex plants
- Sense of urgency in working methods: required initial response time for QNs is 24 hours max
- Open to work in a multi-cultural environment, in order to accept cultural and religious differences
- Good reading and written, fluent oral English are required.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Six Sigma Green Belt but not essential
- Quality experience in electrical manufactures
- Stamping, molding, connector assembly, SMT related experience.