Performance Leader- Paper Machine
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is searching for a Paper Machine Performance Leader for the Camas Mill located in Camas, WA. The Supervisor is responsible for the development of the hourly operations employees’ capabilities and manages all aspects of their performance. This leader will have a general understanding of the mill and will be accountable for the product system results that are impacted by their team’s performance and capability.
A successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, constructive challenge skills to facilitate improvement, the ability to stay current in best practices and be a continuous leader, and collaboration skills with the ability to engage teams.
The Camas Mill is located along the Columbia River in the heart of historic Camas, Washington across from Portland, Oregon and in the shadow of Mt. Hood. Employees at the Camas Mill enjoy the benefits of big city living without all the fuss of the big city. The mill is the proud producer of the enMotion paper towels found in the automated touchless dispensers. Georgia-Pacific recently announced that the company is investing $15 million dollars in capital improvements to make the paper towel line more competitive and the plant more environmentally sustainable.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Role Model the behaviors and actions that advance our Market Based Management® (MBM®) Culture and the organizational vision
- Coach, lead, mentor and develop employees to continuously improve their knowledge and skills, and performance to create long-term value for the organization
- Enable knowledge sharing and knowledge transfer between team members to help them succeed
- Work with area and crew leaders, manufacturing engineers, skill builders and reliability coordinators to identify and address performance and knowledge gaps
- Manage safety to support our vision
- Manage individual performance and holding individuals accountable for their results through vision setting and performance feedback
- Provide resources to help team members develop their own careers and realize their full potential
- Manage the functional leadership processes within the Product System
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Three (3) or more years of manufacturing or operations experience
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or military environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Manufacturing or Operations Management
- Experience coaching and mentoring employees to improve their knowledge and skills, as well as performance
- Leadership responsibility developing capabilities, and creating accountability in an MBM® culture
- Experience using Kronos
- Working knowledge of a paper machine operation
- Experience communicating (written and orally), and presenting to individual contributors to senior management
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf