SHIFT CAPABILITY LEADER
Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified professionals to consider for the Shift Capability Leader to support our retail tissue manufacturing area at our Palatka, FL facility. Located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, the Palatka mill employs about 850 people has three tissue paper machines as well as several converting lines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern®, Brawny®, and Sparkle®.
The Shift Capability Leader will work in our Tissue department, reporting to a Product Stream Leader. The Shift Capability Leader will lead on one of four rotating shifts and will directly supervise roughly 25 production operators and will also work closely with Manufacturing Engineers, Maintenance Planners, Craftspeople, Engineering Managers, Operations, and Contractors to create the greatest long-term value for Georgia-Pacific.
Rotating Shift hours are from 6:00am to 6:00pm ET, and 6:00pm to 6:00am ET. You will work 3 or 4 days each week.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create Lead and foster an Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) culture that values hazard identification and risk reduction by promoting personal ownership
- Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (people, equipment, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets
- Ensure that operator/technician roles, responsibilities and expectations (RR&E's) are aligned with mill and organizational goals to assure maximizing real long-term value for the company
- Create an environment that promotes transferring knowledge and ownership across team members
- Build relationships with front-line team members, internal customers and suppliers, colleagues and support services to ensure achievement of targets
- Ensure that a high quality of products, housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained
- Review daily achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and off floor review meetings
- Ensure effective performance management that assures all team members have a development plan and are certified in their roles
- Align to asset strategies in the product systems and ensure the team has the capabilities needed to execute those asset strategies
- Lead technicians and work with other leaders in an operator ownership-based work system
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher WITH 2 or more years of demonstrated leadership within a manufacturing or military environment OR, High school diploma/GED WITH 5 or more years of experience in a leadership role within a manufacturing or military environment
- Experience presenting technical or business information to a diverse audience
- Experience using Microsoft Office Software in the following manners: Excel (creating charts, formatting cells, working with macros & pivot tables etc.), Outlook (creating folders, creating email messages and sending to distribution lists, scheduling appointments/meetings on calendars, etc.), Word (creating/editing documentation, formatting text, creating tables and process documentation, etc.), PowerPoint (presentation creation/editing/presenting), and Project (creating a project plan, adding tasks, resources and milestones)
- Willing to work nights with schedule flexibility as needed to cover peer vacations
- Experience being responsible for the performance of direct reports OR a group (example: project coordination)
What Will Put You Ahead
- 1 or more years of experience working as a supervisor responsible for performance management of direct reports
- Experience applying knowledge of financial factors relating to operations performance
- Experience working within a tissue manufacturing operation
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with safe work practices and Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Experience working within a continuous process work environment
- Continuous improvement or process improvement experience
- Experience working within a union manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf