OPERATIONS SHIFT LEADER
“Strengthening vision connection on shift, advancing individual and team skills, and enabling transformation through partnership with capability leaders and front line employees.”
The Operations Shift Leader is primarily responsible for leading outside shift operations across a process system with a strong focus on facilitating deep connections between front-line employees and business strategies enabling them to better apply their local knowledge and comparative advantages to attain the next level of business performance. The Operations Shift Leader creates value through a partnership with Operations Business Leaders and Production Shift Leaders to deliver on base refinery objectives in parallel to executing on strategic plans of the business. A critical part of this role will be to lead the shift through transformation change, creating a work environment that enables employee led innovation of work practices while prioritizing work activities across shift sets.
What you will do in your role
- Engaging shift employees in vision discussions to develop improved application of Market Based Management principles and provide context and transparency to the strategic priorities of the business.
- Creating a safe, collaborative, environment where employees are empowered to seek out opportunities to build capacity and resiliency within our refinery, improve asset availability and performance, and innovate work practices.
- Ensuring the team has a strong connection to the EH&S vision with a priority on maintaining robust safe working practices and PSM knowledge.
- Prioritizing work activities within the 7-day window and field coordination of process plans.
- Leading team in response to unplanned events.
- Supervision of shift operators to include coaching, mentoring, and development of skills / MBM.
- Developing change management strategies to execute on business priorities and create an agile work team.
Key accountability and measures of this role include:
- EHS performance
- Profitability/Utilization/Asset Availability
- Fixed Operating Costs
- Shift Culture and Organizational Health
- Employee / Shift Development
Attributes for Success:
Change Leadership / Management
Creative Problem Solving
The experience you will bring
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a formal capacity
- 5 years of experience in a technical or operational role within a refining, chemical, petrochemical industry or other industry / sector with related transferable experience (i.e. Military, Energy, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf