Georgia-Pacific is hiring a Fiberline Supervisor for our Brunswick Cellulose Operations. This role has overall responsibility for shift operations in the Fiberline Department at the Brunswick Mill. The shift supervisor primarily focuses are on shift hazard recognition/mitigation, productivity and effective cost control. This position reports to the Fiberline Area Leader and works closely with the Fiberline Gatekeeper and Optimizers. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Creating a safe workplace with compliance to all environmental, safety, and business practices
- Working a rotating 12-hour shift
- Troubleshooting equipment and process related problems
- Supporting the Mill Vision for Safety, Production and Cost
- Leading a daily direction setting meeting with Fiberline Department
- Encouraging employee ownership and accountability
- Managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Utilizing strong leadership skills and ability to motivate teams to exceed expectations
- Utilizing analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Working extended hours during production upsets and maintenance outages
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Paper Science
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an industrial production facility
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word (document creation), Excel (spreadsheets), and Outlook (email and calendar)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in wood yard, brown stock, and/or bleaching operations
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience
- Experience coaching and mentoring employees
- Experience appraising employee performance and providing that feedback constructively
The Brunswick Mill manufactures fluff pulp used in disposable absorbent products such as baby diapers and air-laid nonwovens. The Fiberline includes a long log wood yard and purchased chip unloading followed by a stacker reclaimer/chip thickness screening system. Also included are nineteen batch digesters, brown stock washing and screening, oxygen delignification, and elemental chlorine free bleaching via a four-stage bleach plant with press technology.
For more information about GP Cellulose, please visit http://www.gpcellulose.com.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf