Senior Hardware Manufacturing Engineer
Sentient Energy in Frisco, TX is looking for a Senior Hardware Manufacturing Engineer. This role is critical to our production operations and supports the organization by developing and improving manufacturing processes and product quality. Responsible for bringing new hardware designs to market and driving DFx in all designs by working with the Sentient Engineering team.
This role is primarily responsible for the design and continued improvement of our hardware products to ensure components meet process capabilities, and all products are capable of volume production.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develops manufacturing processes by applying their knowledge of mechanical product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Utilize Suppliers and equipment vendors to support this activity
- Maintains and improves product and processes quality by generating NPI instructions and releasing in Propel PLCM tool
- Designs and recommend tools and equipment needed to build Sentient products
- Train Suppliers and EMS personnel on specified equipment or tools and building Sentient products
- Utilizes expert mechanical fabrication understanding of plastic and metal components in defining suitability for use in products
- Reviews and approves Sentient documentation, ensuring all tolerances of products are thoroughly assessed and validated
- Identifies alternative sources for fabricated components to aid in volume production
- Acts as primary liaison with supplies in order to champion best practices
- Proposes and manages DOEs to develop and verify design suitability
- Works with Sentient Quality Assurance to resolve identified issues and improve quality trends
- Presents information to cross functional team as required
- Contributes to leadership effort by accomplishing related results on schedule and with the highest regards for product quality
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of Manufacturing Engineering Experience
- BS in Engineering or manufacturing related field
- PCBA/PCB fabrication and assembly experience
- Experience in design practices (IE: DFx on mechanical and PCBA products)
- Experience in Solidworks or Autocad design tools
- Strong understanding of tooling requirements for fabricated components
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- Expert in Materials sciences as they relate to DFM
- Experience with mesh networks (Itron, Landis & Gyr and etc.)
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf