Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Maintenance Technician !
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Maintenance Mechanic position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment. Knowledge and application of machine guarding and safety. Knowledge and experience of predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes, ability to follow and complete complex work orders and/or work instructions to support achievement of site’s goals and objectives.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to heat, may be required to work in and out doors in demanding conditions, working around moving mechanical parts and vibration, may be required to work heights with proper PPE.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in & out doors (rounds, repairs and service utilities and support systems), in hot areas (around the hot end/furnace applications) and is an active role that requires periods of standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds in a safe manner.
- Perform highly diversified maintenance to production machines and plant facility’s equipment, on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic for both troubleshooting and repairs.
- Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform basic machinist duties and responsibilities (welding, cutting, forming, machining).
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust with limited operational experience.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of basic plumbing, commercial cooling (HVAC) and related services.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment.
- Comply with all safety & environmental regulations and maintain clean and orderly work.
- Able to read and interpret a wide range electrical schematics and mechanical system drawings.
- Experienced in PLC controllers and process automation systems and instrumentation desired.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Team players with obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done Self-starters dedicated to continual quality improvement.
- MBM / Ethical Conduct required.
- Demonstrated oral & written communication proficiency.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, master electrician, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
3-5 years of industrial manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial electrical skills with PLC experience and HVAC experience preferred.
An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance is preferred and may be considered in lieu of manufacturing experience.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf