Public Power Midwest Sales Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Sentient Energy, a KOCH Engineered Solutions Company, is a fast growing high tech Company focused on delivering high quality Smart Grid monitoring and analytic systems that provide advanced electric utilities complete solutions for maximizing distribution grid performance and reliability. We offer a unique environment for passionate people who want to work with some of the best and the brightest people developing smart grid systems in a team‐oriented environment.
Sentient Energy enables the Smart Grid to detect, predict and deliver a more reliable and sustainable system. Our monitoring systems give utilities unique and detailed insight into operating status and fault conditions along the entire distribution grid downstream from the substation. Deployed using Public or Private LTE technology, utility Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Distribution Automation (DA) communications networks, our products leverage the foundational capital investment into the Smart Grid, making it more valuable and increasing Smart Grid investment returns.
Sentient Energy is looking to fill the Sales Manager, Public Power Midwest and Canada position, which is a full‐time position in the Revenue Team organization. The Sales Manager (SM) supports the Revenue Team responsible for achieving sales, revenue and gross margin targets that align with those of the Sentient Energy’s business vision and objectives. Preferably, this position will be located remotely in the Midwest.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The selected candidate will help select, train and manage Manufacturer Sales Representatives in their geographic territory and work closely to assist the Sentient Sales Directors, Sales Reps, Distributors and Partners along with utility customers to develop and promote the growth of Sentient Energy revenues in their respective responsibility. The Sales Manager is responsible for Value-Added Solution selling. The Sales Manager will focus on expanding the company’s business with current and emerging technologies within the Grid Modernization objectives for Utilities.
Specific functions include:
- Select, train and assist Manufacturers Sales Representatives, Distributors and Partners with sales activities as the front-line Sales Manager reporting into the Senior Sales Director for Public Power North America.
- Responsible for sales plan target goals and executing to the sales plan successfully for their respective territories.
- Coordinate with Sentient Sales Directors, Manufacturers Sales Representatives, Distributors and Partners to support customer needs for proposals / presentations and participate in bid meetings and walk-through meetings with the customer as necessary
- Coordinate with Manufacturers Sales Representatives, Distributors and Partners to support customer relationship building and establish a trusted advisor model for customer success
- Lead & Support top level solution conversations and guide customers on desirable solutions to meet the customer business needs
- Work with our Technical Salespeople to identify the technical needs of our targeted customers, support discovery calls and propose solutions as appropriate
- Provide a strong voice into the marketing / commercialization / product organization to communicate public power utility needs and help develop high-value solutions which leverage / expand Sentient Energy’s portfolio
- Work with Sales Directors, Technical Sales, Manufacturer Sales Representatives, Distributors and Partners to help coordinate pre-sales considerations and solutions which support Customer business objectives.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with Partners and Customer(s) to drive product solution adoption and continued value of products and services
- Will travel 50% of the time to corporate or customer offices
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree and 5 years sales experience in electronics field; OR High School diploma or equivalent and at least five years selling into the electric utility field
- Successful experience managing sales activities and account management including customer communications internally and externally
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the Utility Industry or with Utility Metering
- Technical understanding of overall electric utility operations systems, including electric power systems, distribution automation, and distributed control systems and communications
- Experience selling software analytics and/or high value software systems
- Seven or more years of technical sales experience selling into the Electric Utilities industry
- Located in the Midwest US is preferred
This role is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.