Execute the strategy and product development vision for Vehicle Antenna Systems within the North American automotive industry. Work with program management, engineering, manufacturing, and sales to provide customer specific solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner. Responsible for understanding the key financial drivers for individual programs, communicating when programs are off target and leading collaborative efforts to bring the projects back to plan (or better) financially.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prioritize efforts based upon MBM principle of “Principled Entrepreneurship”
- Where will your actions have the biggest bang for the buck?
- Always ask the question of “what does this do to the business case”, if it is negative, how do we mitigate, how do we offset.
- Be willing to cross “swim lanes” to get accurate information.
- Lead Decision Making Framework efforts to understand the most financially viable solution to a problem
- Exhibit Leadership traits in the principles of Knowledge, Integrity, Humility and Respect
- Participate in quoting efforts:
- Understand and vet the values from purchasing, manufacturing and engineering
- Variable Costs
- Run financial models
- Provide internal benchmarking
- Track program financials and support program milestones
- Participate in change control to improve program margins
- Engineering + Development expenses
- Variable costs
- Develop and implement (with purchasing and manufacturing) tools to estimate product changes
- Develop with purchasing, engineering, and manufacturing a strong database of surrogate information
- Cross - pollinate best practices across regions
- Play a leadership role in cost improvement ideas
- Shepherd the ideas thru the process
- Financial modeling
- Play a leadership role in understanding and modeling our pricing strategy and supporting strategic efforts to optimize our product portfolio and mfg. footprint
- Play a leadership role in increasing the team’s financial literacy. Help them understand the relative importance of key drivers in making a decision
- Financial Reporting (20%-30%) of time
- Help the program / project engineers track their development costs.
- Generating reports to track development expenses. Pulling together information for Cap Ex Requests. Helping the divisional finance team in their functions.
- Develop plan to streamline or move to low cost country activities that don’t require daily interaction with the program development teams.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or Finance. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ Experience in the automotive or similar industry
- It would be nice to have experience in products where the costs for mechanical components, electrical components and manufacturing are all significant elements of the cost model
- Subject matter expertise in at least two of these three disciplines
- Mechanical design
- Cost estimating
- Financial modeling
- Post COVID-19 the employee is expected to work the majority of time on-site at the Grand Blanc facility during core business hours
- Position will require periodic support in AM (as early as 7am) for EU colleagues and PM (as late as 10pm) for Asian colleagues but those meetings can be taken from home.
- Travel within S.E. Michigan mainly. Possible visits to Mexico 1x-3x/year and a trip to EU or Asia every 12-24 months
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf