Based in Brandon, Manitoba, we synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 260 dedicated team members. Our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
A subsidiary of Koch Industries Inc., one of the world’s largest private companies, Koch Fertilizer’s global operations leverage Market-Based Management® to create long-term value for customers and society. By focusing on long-term value creation, we promote a challenging and rewarding environment for our professional and highly respected employees.
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to join the team as a Temporary Electrical Engineer to contribute to the organization’s value creation capabilities. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization!
Electrical Engineer – Temporary
The length of this position may extend up to ten (10) months; recurring terms as well as permanent employment opportunities are also available based on the value you create!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure a safe execution of electrical reliability projects/MOCsfor reliable electrical system throughout the plan that is compliant with all applicable codes and regulations
- Assist electrical Reliabiity team in the execution of Turn around scope.
- Conversant with design, estimating, contractor supervision and commissioning activities.
- Provide technical support to contractorteams for trouble-shooting and repair of electrical equipment
- Work with reliability teams to develop execution strategies
- Implement industry best practices with current trends and developments
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills, organizational skills, high work standards, strong technical abilities, strong business skills, and personal accountability
- Demonstrate excellent communication, problem-solving and team skills
- This is an entry level engineering role
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledgeable and conversant with high voltage equipment
- Ability to support the needs of a manufacturing facility that operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week