This job posting is no longer active.
Production Technicians- Gladys, VA
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Production Technicians for its Oriented Strand Board (OSB) facility located in Gladys, VA. This position is responsible for operating equipment in order to produce and maintain quality of the product and meet customer expectations. Technicians may work in various departments within the mill – including Logyard, Dryer & Energy, Press, and Finishing.
To learn more about our Building Products division, please visit www.buildgp.com.
Technicians must have a willingness to embrace change, share knowledge with others, treat others with respect and dignity, practice humility, conduct all affairs lawfully and with integrity, while demonstrating a sense of urgency, discipline, accountability, judgment, initiative, and critical thinking skills necessary to create maximum long-term value and realize your full potential and fulfillment in your work. All employees are expected to apply the Market-Based Management (MBM®) principles.
Georgia-Pacific offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, paid holidays and paid vacations, as well as overtime opportunities.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Operate heavy and moving manufacturing equipment working in high (up to 80 ft) and confined spaces for up to12-hr rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime, working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Willing and able to work in a tobacco free and minimal jewelry workplace.
- Working in team-based environment. Communicating effectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Wear the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, ear plugs, steel-toe boots and other PPE required for specific jobs) to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment.
- Perform tasks such as pull, push, and lift up to 50 lbs. as well as walking, climbing (including stairs, ladders), stooping, standing, reaching.
- Learning new tasks (including functions in control cab, control room, and ground support) and become proficient in performing these tasks.
- Operate Control Room panels, displays and graphics to maintain operations according to parameters. Monitor system performance to meet targets.
- Provide ground support for production area
- Maintain safe and clean working environment, using variety of equipment, including air hoses, shovels, rakes, saws, and other tools.
- Learn and comply with environmental guidelines, policies and permit requirements.
- Complete necessary training to include four extra shifts per month in addition to regular schedule.
- Adhere to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Operate mobile equipment to include a front-end loader, sweeper, forklift and manlift.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer or tablet skills
- Currently or able to become CPR certified and First-Aid trained.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- At least one (1) year of machine operating experience
- At least three (3) years of industrial or manufacturing experience
- Experience operating mobile equipment.
- Experience working in computer-controlled environment.
- Experience in a logging environment.
- Experience in control cab operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work safely and efficiently
- Collaborate effectively and efficiently with all team members
- Demonstrate initiative and high attention to detail
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.