At Georgia-Pacific Chemicals, innovation is a capability we embrace and it is a constant pathway to new ideas and products for our customers. Our goal is to apply our capabilities to continually renew or replace our products to create more value for our customers and society.
To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's Chemical division please visit:www.gp-chemicals.com
Our Albany, OR Chemical Facility is seeking a qualified individual to join our manufacturing team as an Operator. This position will create value by to meeting and exceeding production goals while maintaining a focus on safety. Our Albany facility offers competitive wages, benefits and compensation increase opportunities as training is completed and skill sets advance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Working safely in a team and/or individual setting, adhering to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Loading and unloading raw materials and finished goods in accordance with customer and chemical specifications
- Progress in training and skill development to advance in production, learning to operate and monitor chemical reaction process to manufacture polymer resins, industrial chemicals and raw materials
- Monitoring equipment and performing minor troubleshooting to ensure optimal production and minimal downtime
- Entering work orders and process improvement suggestions into computer-based systems and being part of the solution to implement improvements
- Using a computer to document data such as shipping and receiving information and manufacturing processes
- Work in outside weather conditions as well as in an industrial environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE), e.g.; hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs
- Work at heights and in confined spaces
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of previous work history
- Experience using a computer or tablet
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job.
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year of more experience in an industrial, warehouse, military, farming, construction, mechanical or production environment
- At least two (2) years of continuous employment within the last 4 years
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience in the chemical or refinery industries
- Experience with one or more of the following: using a computer for data entry of record keeping documentation, shipping and receiving information, or manufacturing processes documentation
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf