Georgia-Pacific's Conway, NC Chemical facility is seeking qualified individuals to join their manufacturing team as Operator Trainees.
The Operator Trainee is an entry level role that creates value by learning multiple positions within the plant and providing backup assistance and relief to teammates. Candidates who acquire the knowledge and skills to be successful in the operator trainee role and demonstrate the values of our organization will have the opportunity to advance within the company.
To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s Chemical division please visit: www.gp-chemicals.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Loading and unloading raw materials and finished goods in accordance with customer and chemical specifications
- Adhering to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures by wearing necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE), e.g.; hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs, as well as follow facial hair guidelines for respirator usage
- Working collaboratively in a team environment
- Keeping work area clean throughout shift to maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting up to 50 pounds, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours a day, rotating shift schedule in a 24/7 operations, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with a computer or tablet for email or similar documentation activities.
- High school diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum of two years of experience in one or more of the following environments: manufacturing, mechanical, military and/or construction
- Mechanical experience running manufacturing equipment
- Previous experience in chemical industry
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf