Primary responsibilities are within the molding unit with supporting responsibilities to other departments, suppliers, customers and other Molex facilities. The planner is responsible for the following KPI (key performance indicators):
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an accurate up-to-date MRP plan for the molding unit in SAP
- Provide purchasing functions with order forecasts for materials, packaging and other production materials.
- Establish good working relationship with inside sales to resolve customer expedites and other needs.
- Support product marketing by working closely on new product releases, old product obsolescence, capacity and other marketing support activities.
- Manage material releases and expedites with suppliers ensuring production schedules are maintained.
- Monitor inventory levels of materials and finished goods meeting or exceeding department goals.
- Schedule all molding unit production, maintaining schedules by work center with capacity limits.
- Establish good working relationships with outside suppliers, managing JIT and VMI schedules and forecasts.
- Maintain the accuracy of all molded product Bill-of-Materials in SAP
- Support 6S initiatives and good housekeeping practices in the production, shop and office areas.
- Understand and support Molex MBM© initiative by embracing the Five Dimensions and Guiding Principles.
- Understand, support and contribute to Molex Total Quality Management (TQM) initiative, Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2 years MRP systems experience in purchasing or planning or equivalent work experience.
- English and Spanish bilingual communication skills, verbal and written.
- Knowledge of MRP systems and concepts.
- Broad knowledge of industrial manufacturing processes.
- Experience in word processing, spreadsheet and general operating system computer skills.
- Communication skills to exchange information clearly and concisely with co-workers, supervisors, other departments, etc.
- Must be a team player who is willing to cooperate with and consider input from supervisor, coworkers and members from other areas of the business.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime, off-shift and weekends as needed.
- Travel as required to remote facilities, customers or suppliers both domestic and international.
- BS Degree (Engineering, Administrative)
- APICS certification as plus