Maintenance Project Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
Do you aspire to leverage and further develop your skills and lead a team to excellence in safety, efficiency, and improving manufacturing performance? If so, this could be the opportunity for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Project Coordinator our Camden, NJ facility. The Maintenance Project Coordinator leads a team to ensure a safe and injury/incident-free environment in our fast-paced facility. If you are a driven project leader who can operate with a principled entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to learn more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide technical guidance as needed to manufacturing and hourly technical personnel during the start-up of new or changed products and processes
- Use good decision making, problem solving and trouble-shooting techniques to minimize the potential or correct ongoing manufacturing issues
- Support the facility Work Management Process (Work ID, Planning, Scheduling, Execution, Documentation)
- Apply engineering principles to analyze and plan for the requirements of assigned projects and cost studies to assure feasibility, achieve targeted results, and coordinate all project activities with plant customers. Prepare specifications and design process and packaging flows for assigned projects and oversee the preparation of all necessary drawings
- Coordinate design activity with outside vendors or internal departments as necessary. Perform own design and drafting as required. Redesigns or oversees the redesign of existing equipment to incorporate improvements relating to safety, machine reliability, product quality, and / or cost reduction
- Specify, bid, select, and purchase required equipment, parts, and contract installation services for assigned projects to assure that the project is implemented as scheduled with minimal production interruptions
- Process job descriptions and manufacturing specifications, thoroughly documents all equipment, machines, spare parts and tooling with accurate and clear detailed prints and maintenance instructions
- Prepare a plan for procurement of capital equipment including obtaining of quotes, vendor investigation, budgeting, and scheduling. Prepare specifications, place orders, coordinate procurement, install equipment, debug and coordinate the start-up of new or modified equipment from outside firms or as modified internally, manages capital spending on assigned projects to ensure spending in accordance with the plan capital budget
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Five (5) or more years of industrial maintenance/project experience
- One (1) or more years experience managing and leading cross functional teams
- Effective working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and maintenance reporting systems applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Capital project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiar with basics of finance, product cost accounting and statistical process control.
- Able to effectively manage and track project spending and report financials on a regular basis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to negotiate with vendors, contractors and consultants
Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business is consistently among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to large warehouse retailers and building materials dealers. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. And, to learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.