Salt & Flake Control Room Technician
The Camden Site currently has an opening for Salt & Flake Control Room Technician.
- Rotating 12-hour shifts. (36 hours one week, 48 hours the following week, Vacation relief as necessary)
- Average full-time work schedule of 14 days per month
- Rotating shift schedule requires employee to work some holidays and at least 50% of weekends
- Schedule is subject to modification as production needs dictate
- The assignment could be for any shift, including vacation relief depending on business needs
Job Responsibilities and Expectation:
- Operate, maintain and improve Salt & Flake process systems in a safe, compliant and economic manner
- Act with a sense of urgency to resolve production or environmental upsets and/or non- conformances.
- Understand and apply Market Based Management in all aspects of work.
- Help transform Salt and Flake with Ownership Based Work Systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve process/equipment issues that minimize waste and maximize value creation.
- Perform field checks (which includes ascending and descending stairs), operate valves, handle 50 lb bags of product, etc.
- Safely prepare equipment (Lock,Tag,Clear, and Try) and issue permits for maintenance work.
- Interface with the process through the DCS system.
- Perform quality SOC checks
- Respond appropriately to alarms
- Address process changes to prevent dispositions/ interruptions
- Be part of a self-sufficient team that has the capability and skills to run the assets with minimal support from outside groups or functions.
- Demonstrate good judgement, responsibility, initiative, economic and critical thinking skills, act with a sense of urgency, self-discipline, and appropriate risk-taking mentality.
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Collaborative with solid verbal communication skills
- Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Experience with Distributed Control System (DCS) or similar technology (PLC)
- Experience with Permitting, Lock, Tag, Clear, and Try
- Experience as General Mechanic
- Experience as Electrician
- Experience with SAP
- Perform tasks such as lifting and lifting (50lbs), walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing personal protective equipment
- Work a twelve (12) hour shift to include, weekend & holiday hours
- Perform work in a hot/humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Physical Abilities test will be required in the areas of strength
Report, troubleshoot, and/or repair equipment failures & deficiencies through SAP notification system.
·Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing or chemical process environment
·Proficient in Microsoft Products – Outlook (read/write emails, create meetings), Word (create documents, update procedures), Excel (creating spreadsheets) and PowerPoint (create presentations)
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf