Maintenance Technician-2nd Shift
Our Georgia-Pacific facility in Batavia, NY is currently looking for a self-motivated and safety driven Maintenance Technician to join our team. The Maintenance Technician will create value with a combination of scheduled maintenance, preventative maintenance, and responding to unscheduled breakdowns. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, please consider this opportunity!
This position is responsible for the reliability of the machine and related components. The Maintenance technician is responsible for performing preventative maintenance procedures, greasing bearings, inspecting bearings for wear, performing mechanical setups and electronic calibrations, replacing machine components (such as rolls, bearings, motors, gear boxes, etc.). This maintenance technician role does require the employee to provide their own tools.
THIS IS A 2nd SHIFT POSITION
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform Preventative Maintenance procedures and rebuilds on machine components
- Grease and inspect bearings
- Perform machine setups using precision tools
- Perform electronic setups on machine
- Read mechanical prints and electrical schematics
- Operate standard maintenance tools and machines (grinder, drill-press, welder)
- Use various hand tools and measuring equipment such as: drills, taps, files, calipers and micrometers
- Fabricate guarding for machine
- Work as a team with other maintenance technicians and production operators.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area compliant with 6S Standard
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years maintenance technician experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Basic understanding of electrical components
- Basic understanding how to troubleshoot and execute repairs
- Basic understanding of Boiler Systems
- 6+ months experience utilizing a computer in a work environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high-volume environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2-year associates degree in electrical and/or mechanical technology
- 4+ years maintenance technician experience in a manufacturing or production environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf